Design Engineering for the Aerospace Industry
Kx has completed a large variety of projects for the aerospace industry ranging from short-term assignments with focus on quick turn-around to long-term engagements where Kx engineers act as an extensions of our customers’ engineering staff with project scopes extending beyond 1 year.
Below are just a few highlights of the work we have done:
- Developed methodology for analysis of mutually exclusive time and temperature dependent film coefficients to capture “spike” heat transfer in fuel nozzles.
- Transient thermal/structural analyses of exhaust nozzle components including mission data loading.
- Repair and preparation of a variety of complex turbine and nozzle geometries for clean translation into analysis model.
- Kx has been instrumental in providing engineering simulation in support of certifying multiple aircraft engines for a variety of manufacturers.
- Automation of parametric calculation methods for sonic fatigue, ply failure, buckling and crippling, thermal loads in splices and edge bands, and inter-rivet buckling.
- Provided high-end analysis for complex engine structures including Limit/Ultimate analysis, Fan Blade Out, Windmill, and both Low Cycle and High Cycle Fatigue.